Thursday, July 3, 2008

Polly Pratt`s Australian Adventure- Fashion Exposed Melbourne


Remember when tea parties were a special occasion and playing dress up was an adventure?


It was my favourite past-time, my Polly Pratt shop and label is a result of hours playing in my mums wardrobe and the treasures in the dress up box. Way back then opening my own dress up box was only a dream . Years later i was lucky enough to be able to bring that dream into a reality.


Within weeks i was opening a very small shop in a space under the stairs(very Harry Potter) in Newmarket, Auckland. After 2 years playing dress up under the stairs i made the decision to move my dress up box to Ponsonby.


Here i had the vision to give women of all shapes and sizes a chance to feel feminine , beautiful and youthfull all at once, reminding them of there times in the dress up box as a child.


I wanted women to see Polly Pratt garments and not be afraid to try them on .

I also didn`t agree with the idea of designer clothing only being avaliable up to a size 14 and anyone else having to go to a `big girls` shop on the out skirts of town, where the fabrics and fits were unflattering and beautifull silks and colours were never seen. This is why most styles, with more to come are avaliable up to a size 20.


After tea parties and a lot of dress up in Auckland, i`ll now be giving Australian women the chance to embrace the tea parties and dress up box again. I will be launching a wholesale range at Fashion Exposed Melbourne 14-16 September.


The range will focus on trans-seasonal , Silk dresses, tops and skirts that can be mixed with everything from leggings to diamonds and will take you to the races, cocktail bar or a day shopping worn with your favorite Embody jeans. Most styles are avalible in size 8-20 .


I will be posting all my Fashion exposed details, stand etc once i have them. In the meantime if anyone is interested in viewing the range from the 1st of August please feel free to contact me on 09 3764970 annaboy18@hotmail.com as i will be in Melbourne for 2 weeks., or at the store 49 Ponsonby Rd , Auckland. I`ll will be photographing the range next Sunday . Once i have the photos i will post some for you all to see .

Until the photo`s are posted next week these will have to do, some of the styles are part of the range.


Anna

No comments: